Sunday 7 September 2014

Another Friday Night With Like Minded New Friends

Friday nights are always spent stitchin on something for me. My days of painting the town red are long gone, I sure don't miss that pressure or the hangovers! I can get up early on a Saturday and start stitching again....thanks for the company ladies .

Here's what I worked on this Friday past....



This is the preparation for the Yoko Saito class comming up at the end of September for the Floral Bouquet wall quilt in her latest book. I am starting to feel the time getting closer and needed to get this bit done. 


The last of the stems pinned into place ready for appliquing. Then it is onto the ribbons and the bow.


This is what the quilt will look like when it's further along. I understand we are to work on the detached flowers in class and the reverse applique border which is a swag type affair. Very pretty.


I have been stitching this latest applique with my new #10 tulip applique needles and aurifil thread. I love them both. 
The needle is awesome in the hand and has an eye large enough to thread by hand. You can get them here at Hancock's of Paducah .
I have read heaps about others loving the aurifil thread and I can see why now I have used it. I have been using gutermann 50wt up until now because that is the easiest to get and it always twists and knots. The aurifil did none of that, it was just lovely, I am sold, pleased also that I joined the aurifil thread club at Grandmother's Garden so I can keep collecting. The thread shown though is out of the 4 pack of Quilters Essentials by Edyta Sitar at Laundry Basket Quilts .

Well, that's what I got up to. I am closer to my goal of having the prep done in plenty of time. Now off to check up on what lovelies you guys spent your Friday night on. Thanks for having me.

Raewyn Anne

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a productive evening. Aurifil is wonderful thread for needleturn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece is beautiful!! I haven't even chosen my fabrics yet so had best pull finger! I enjoy the Aurifil as well but am also using silk for applique. Haven't heard of those needles - how long are they (I fnd it easier with shorter ones). I did an Aurifil club through our shop and just love having all the colours at my fingertips!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...