Tuesday 18 February 2014

Late Summer And Weeding

It's late summer here now in New Zealand and I have been neglecting the gardening. The weeds have multiplied. Today I had a burst of energy while it was a little cloudy. I got about an hour in and the sun came out and now it's too hot to toil.

When other people look at our garden they see this....

 
When I look at the garden I see this.....
 

and this....




I did quite a bit in an hour, several bucket loads and I feel good. Still more to go, but that's for another day.
 
All this weeding does not make for quality time spent on stitching. For all of you in the Northern Hemisphere who are continuing to get rained & snowed upon there is an upside. While you are forced to be inside you can stitch and NOT weed!
 
Pretty soon it will be all turned around as it is only two weeks until official Autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere. We will be inside stitching and you guys will be weeding! I hope we don't get the extreme weather down here but I don't think we will as they say it relates to the dipping down of the jet stream in the Northern Hemisphere and our air here does not do that. Here's hoping, but if it does you can count on me stitching up a storm!!!
 
It was what seemed to me a not so eventful week stitching this past week. I have been catching up on appointments now the kids are back and trying to sort out my studio which is still a WIP.
 
I was totally foiled in my attempts to complete the floral glove as I ran out of the Tire silk for stitching together the glove pieces and couching the Elizabethan twist. So it was a case of so near and yet so far. I have placed an order for some more silk and so will just have to wait to put this project to bed.
 
I have continued to plug away on the Needleworker's Pocketbook. I am now up to the verse and can imagine the finish line in the vague distance.
 


I received my kit for the first part of the Di Ford Mountmellick BOM from The Quilt Room. The patterns are issued over a 6 month period as part of the Quiltmania magazine. Di's designs using lots of Broderie Perse are just so fabulous and I am tempted to try and keep up. I have so much else on....




 
 

2 comments:

  1. Give a try to broderie perse, it's a lot of fun ! You have made great progress on your pocketbook and will finish it very soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are nearing the end of winter, but it is the best time for me to clear my flower gardens of quack grass and perennial weeds because I can actually get to them without the interference of growing plants. I continue to be impressed by your beautiful needlework. I have so many pieces that need to be finished, I feel inspired to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...