Monday 26 August 2013

Quite Some Achievements!

Well, I put the last stitch into the Mermaid Needlework Treasures Part II Section C over the weekend. Woo Hoo! That over one tent stitch on the scallop shells took what seemed like a lifetime but was in fact several weeks of effort. The snail is cool me thinks and I cannot wait to construct him into the tape measure he will become. So I am all caught up on the lessons and waiting for Amy to post the next instalment.

Scallop Shell Case


Snail Tape Measure
 
I also finally managed to put a few stitches into the Needleworker's Pocketbook now that I am freed up from Mermaid's lessons. That might not last long though after I email Amy the pictures of my completed section C. She will likely post the next lesson.

 
Last week I sent the memorial scrapbook album I was working on to those who commissioned the work. The album represents the time spent in NZ by an Irish girl  called Sinead as told by her work colleagues. Due to illness Sinead passed away at a very young age and her family were unable to travel from Ireland to attend the funeral. This album is to be gifted to her family and I am sure they will treasure the memories from this seven year period of Sinead's expat life. The album was very well received by my former work colleagues much to my delight. I also knew Sinead personally and had worked with her in the past. Here are the pic's of the layouts.
 
 
Album Cover













Got goodies in the mail last week from 'The Silver Needle' in the USA. I just love needlework stuff turning up in my mailbox. I also love samplers.  No surprises there. Really looking forward to the first kit turning up. hopefully this week, from Thistle Threads Cabinet of Curiosities.


 
I need to do some more work this week on the 'Essamplaire Casket Class' before Margriet posts the next lesson. I am expecting this to happen in September and we are nearly there. Exciting that there are also some more goodies on the way for this course. I neglected this to finish the Mermaid Treasures. I need to start some work on the detached needlelace pieces for the slope before I do anything else. The unraised  stitching is completed on the  slope for this side of the casket. I still need to do the unraised stitching on the frieze before I can do those detached needlelace pieces also.
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...