Sunday 2 June 2013

Struggling

I feel like I have been really struggling to make any headway in the needlework accomplishments in the last week. We have been busy here setting up a house for my sister and her family (two young girls) who arrive back here in NZ to live on 12th June after 13 years away. We are helping them out with somewhere to live while they get established as her husband does not arrive until end of July.

I have been doing some needlework but it is only basting prep work for Amy Mitten's Mermaid Treasures and so is not so exciting to photograph. I am nearly there with that though with only one section out of six to go.

Two exciting things did happen during the last week though........

The second lesson of the Thistle Threads Cabinet of Curiosities Encore was posted and I am getting ready to immerse myself in that awesome learning experience......and...

.....I received the kit for Amy Mitten's Needleworkers Pocketbook which includes the lovely book by Joanne Martin Lukacher entitled 'Imitation and Improvement The Norfolk Sampler Tradition. Looking forward to reading as looks really interesting.

                                             

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...