Friday 17 May 2013

Wet Friday

Good day for getting some stitching in today as has been raining here most of the day. Don't you just love being all cosy and warm inside with a needle in your hand or in your sewing machine when it's yuck outside.

So today I managed to get the binding attached on another quilt I have not long received back from quilting. This one's called 'Summer Daiz' and was a BOM offered by Jill Brake from Cottage Flair in Ngongotaha http://cottageflair.co.nz/ which is about 10 minutes from Rotorua township. Rotorua is colloquially  referred to as 'Roto Vegas' due to the numerous tourist activities available in the area. My Mum and Dad live there and I grew up there.

Just need to handsew the edges of the binding and I will post a photo.

I have also been working on a 'Very Long' sampler kit I purchased from 'The Essamplaire' a while ago. The finished sampler is 111cm long with 9 bands and I am on band #2. It is 35 count linen and so definitely requires good light and the magnifier.



                                                               My Progress

What it will look like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...