Monday 13 May 2013

Happy Happy Today

This morning the mailman delivered a super duper box of needlework goodies for moi. Textile and thread fix for breaky there's nothing like it. Quite some time before I discovered the Cabinet of Curiosities course at Thistle Threads I enrolled to do the Casket Course being offered by Margriet of The Essamplaire http://www.theessamplaire.com/. There has been some delay in sending out  the kits due to issues with the silk but it has finally arrived. Looking forward to her online postings now so the process can begin. I feel like I am a complete novice at this style of needlework and have much to learn. But nothing like jumping in the deep end with loads of enthusiasm to keep you afloat. Of course I also have her Bird Thimble kit so lordy knows when I will achieve that one. I am going to be busy as I have enrolled in several longer online courses but you need to take these opportunities as they may not be offered again so I am going to be learning, learning, learning.


Then this afternoon I managed to complete all the applique for the centre panel on the Morning Glory quilt I have been working on. WOO HOO that's 12 blocks and 1 panel done with sashings and border to go before sending off for quilting. The Morning Glory is a William Morris inspired design from Michele Hill of Australia http://www.michelehill.com.au/ . Check out her blog, she is a lovely lady  and her two design books are awesome  http://williammorrisandmichele.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...