Tuesday 21 May 2013

Another Project Completed

It's been a few days since my last post but I have not been idle, in between the time sucked up by kids and household chores that is. I have completed the Summer Daiz quilt for my eldest daughter's room and it looks fabulous. I hope she will be pleased. Now I need to finish the yougest daughter's one so I can gift together. Will look lovely on their beds and made by my own hands too :-)

Summer Daiz
 
My parents called in yesterday on the way to the airport. They fly out to join an APT Five Star River Cruise through Europe for three weeks starting in Amsterdam. Beautiful over there in spring so they will have a fabulous time at a leisurely pace. I wonder what I will achieve with my projects over that time :-) My sister who has lived in Ft Lauderdale, Florida for 13 years + is relocating back here to NZ with her two young daughters and husband. They arrive in the country the day after my parents return and are planning to settle in  my neck of the woods. Will be great for the cousins to go to the same school and to have family live close to me, will be most unique. We are all well dispersed. My sister is an artist who does wonderful palette knife paintings http://www.etsy.com/search?q=lisa%20elley&view_type=gallery&ship_to=NZ . http://www.lisaelley.com/ .
 
I have been reading a fabulous fabulous new quilt book I received in the post from 'quiltmania' http://www.quiltmania.com/english/home.html written by Di Ford called 'Primarily Quilts' What beautiful 19th century inspired designs and I am loving the broderie perse style and wanting to give it a go. She uses the awesome 'Den Haan & Wagenmaker's' repro indian chintz fabrics. I managed to hunt a supplier down who has stock so have of course placed an order http://www.happinessisquilting.com/store/pc/home.asp .
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...